Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kindergarten

EMMA STARTED KINDERGARTEN!!! Can't believe that we have a kindergartner. After sleepless nights and throwing up in anticipation to starting school she's finally here. Emma was so afraid that she wasn't smart enough for kindergarten and was really nervous. After meeting her teacher and seeing other kids who were just as scared as her, she felt a lot better about going. Grandma and Grandpa came to see her off for the first day and that meant a lot to all of us. Lot's of phone calls of encouragement and hearing how her day was, were really appreciated. She was excited to tell any one who would listen all about her first day. There's a mean girl and a Miranda. Always a mean girl right? I'm just wondering why there were no calls to the MOM. It's hard to send your baby out, hence the sun glasses. I'm very proud of myself though, I held it together until she was in the building and we were on our way home. The ride home was all tears.



Emma's first homework assignment was to decorate a paper bear. She really took this and ran with it. I think she a little like her father and Grandpa in the overachieving department. The bear "Nelli" weighs in at about 5 pounds. I was a little nervous her teacher, Miss Van den Akker, would have trouble hanging it up. Emma was really happy with how the whole thing turned out. She said, "I'm a decorator". I'm just glad I was able to meet the demands of her imagination.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That bear looks like something I would've made. Are we surprised though? I mean Emma is a mini-me. I'm so happy for her and I can't believe she is so old, so soon.