Monday, January 7, 2008

Kristy Palizzi Ragsdale

I found out last night that one of my mission companions, Kristy Palizzi, was murdered yesterday by her husband in her church parking lot. I had the privilege of serving together with Kirsty twice. Once was only for six weeks and then she was my companion again for the last month of my mission. I am in shock that something like this could happen to such an amazing girl. She was the most determined and goal oriented companion I had. She knew who she was, and she knew what she wanted out of life, and nothing was going to stop her from getting it. I loved her, and am grateful I was able to know her. Please join me in praying for her family especially her two boys she left behind.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew Kristy, too. We hung out at the Singles ward in Puyallup & would get together to talk & play. I can't believe this happened because she was always such an incredible person. Always ready to smile. I haven't seen her in years, but happened to be thinking about her last week. I was remembering a picture her ex-bf (Shane Hartley) drew of her for her cd cover & how beautiful she looked in it. Her poor sons. What an awful legacy for their father to leave them. I wish there was some way to change it all & make her come back.

Lorrie and Mike Eckerdt said...

Nice job Keek.

paige said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We have a friend that knew her husband & he has had a hard time coming to terms with what happened. Such a shock & from what we have heard, Kristy was a great person to know & a wonderful mother.

melmommy said...

That's horrible. It's hard to believe it when stuff like that happens. I'm so sorry.